Most of what I have heard about the Trayvon Martin shooting has come from the news, social networks, and from other people. I believe the story goes like this: Trayvon was in a gated community and he was walking around the neighborhood with a bag of skittles and a snapple in his hands. The neighborhood watchman thought he looked suspicious and so he takes his gun out and shoots him. The watchman claimed that the purpose of shooting him was for self defense. He will plead guilty for that reason of self defense.
No one really knows what exactly happened or what was going through the mind of the watchman when he shot Trayvon. Everyone thinks that the watchman shot him because he was racist against black people. I do not know if that is the fact or if people were just assuming it. I believe that there are 3 sides of the story; Trayvon's perspective, the watchman's perspective, and what really happen. No one will actually know what really happened. Even know the watchman shot him for the wrong reasons I still think it is right to hear his side of the story. Regardless he should not have shot him because he looked suspicious, something about the story just does not add up. The first essential question does apply. If the watchman happens to be racist, he could have gotten that way because of the environment that he grew up in. He could have lived in an environment that did not accept black people. Which could have lead to the shooting that he did. The whole situation is just sad and disappointing. It is sickening to find out someone shot an innocent child.
No comments:
Post a Comment