Thursday, March 22, 2012

Blog Hw #1 Is track and field a sport?

A lot of people have the question of if track and field is a sport. It actually really angers me because it is indeed a sport. In my opinion it is one of the hardest sports. It is really hard to push your body and to be as fast as you can be. You always feel like you want to give up at moments but you have to make it to the finish line. I am a sprinter and I have done other sports in the past, but track is definitely the most painful sport. I have told myself in the past that track was a joke and anyone can do it. When I actually tried it I realized how difficult it was. I mean, how do you think other sports are punished? The coaches make them run because it is painful and no one wants to do it. Track runners are tough and they can work through pain. It takes a lot of endurance and speed, which is hard to build up. The field events are very difficult to perform. High jump, long jump, hurdles, triple jump, shot put, javelin, and discus require so much practice, strength, and coordination. I have tried hurdles before, they are one of the hardest things to do in sports because you have to remember your steps, be fast, and actually make it over the hurdle. So much is going through your head right before you get to the hurdle you almost psych yourself out. A lot of track is mental. I usually have a problem with telling myself that I cannot get in front of a girl or I cannot go any faster. It is important to trust yourself. The biggest obstacle is believing in yourself and having the confidence. Running makes you feel great, especially when you improve your time. It is something that anyone can do until they die. It is a healthy way to stay in shape as well. If you look at any track runner you will notice that they have some of the best shaped bodies.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090219190504AAP1lRu

http://http://www.topendsports.com/sport/athletics/events.htmanswers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120129053109AAA3oDj

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/athletics/events.htm

1 comment:

  1. Kara, I have got to say that I completely agree with you. Track and Field has to be a sport, it requires strenuous physical activity. Running is active and competing to see who is faster qualifies it as a sport. I think you are spot on about field activities too. They are much harder than they look and take hours of practice to master. Nascar racing and other car races are highly debatable when it comes to whether or not its a sport, but I am on your side about Track and Field, it is defenently a sport.

    ReplyDelete