Thursday, March 29, 2012
Blog Hw #2
Julia Alvarez's book, How the Garcia Girls Lost their Accents taught me a great deal of positive messages. Mostly it taught me about me about family. Family is the most important thing in life. When Sofia was having troubles with her father she ignored the issues and kept the relationship the way it was so she could live her life. When she came back to America and realized how she treated her father it made her realize that she should have fixed the relationship right away. She tried to make it up to her father in the end, which was good. I guess no matter what happens between family members they are always going to love each other. The family always stuck together no matter what. When the sisters went into the mental institution everyone still stuck together and contributed to help them be okay again. When they were adjusting to the new country they were all together, mostly because they were the only one who could understand each other. It also taught me to make the best of every new situation. Obviously they faced something that is always hard to do. They had to adjust to a whole new culture, lifestyle, and language. They did the best they could to understand everything around them and make the best out of there situation. It makes me think about small adjustments that I have to make in my life. I can always think about how it could be worse, I could be moving to another country and have to adjust like the Garcia girls had to. Although, I think that overall I did not have to read this book to understand that message in life. I doubt that it will leave a lasting impression on my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment